"My Blue Heaven" by Gene Austin

 The song that I listened to and enjoyed was "My Blue Heaven" by Gene Austin. I really enjoyed this song because of how soothing and peaceful the song is. On top of that, Gene Austin's voice is sort of calm and delightful. It really makes me feel like I am living in the 1920's cruising in one of those old Ford cars down a beautiful neighborhood on a Sunday afternoon. It gets me thinking about how the people in those days acted and what their goals and morals were. None of the instruments were played in another way besides their traditional role. The piano was softly played like a background sound but seemed to work smoothly with Gene's voice. What really interested me was a line in the lyrics. The line reads, "Just Molly and me, And baby makes three, We're happy in my Blue Heaven." This verse interested me the most out of any of the lyrics because it emphasizes the message that gene is trying to convey, which is by having his wife or girlfriend (Molly) and their baby together with him, he is complete and in his form of heaven. Because of this, I added the song to my "love" playlist because of the message it has.

Comments

  1. I love how you described this song as driving an old car through a beautiful neighborhood on a Sunday afternoon because I think that fits this song perfectly. My family has a car from 1936 and it has a cassette player in it that plays all these old tapes that have songs just like this one on them. In the summer my family likes to go on Sunday drives and listen to the music with the windows down as the sun is setting. Its one of my favorite things to do and now this song will always remind me of that. I'm gonna add it to my love song playlist too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, after having listened to this song I understand well what you mean. When I am listening to this song I feel like in an old bar alone with not many people and I feel like I miss something. This song is very beautiful he makes me calm and I stop to think about all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree that this is one of the most beautiful love songs. I also adore the complete form of heaven that he has created. The heaven where he just gets to be with who he loves. It makes everything that I always think about seem absurd and quite asinine. I'm constantly so concerned with any number of things, but I love the simplistic joy that this song exudes. It makes you remember how joyful you can be with just the bare minimum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment